[thelist] Geo Tagging? (Was Re: image alignment/layout)

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Tue Mar 21 10:41:06 CST 2006

> Would you mind quickly outlining the background to your use
> of these? Do these work/where/when?

boy, I wish I could remember. sludge at the back of my mind brings up
images of Joe Crawford, godfather of WebSanDiego and a Seriously Cool
Dude. something about google giving weight to geographical proximity, or
dark beer; I forget which.

I can't say I have evidence they add benefit. I do know that I have some
very good google placement for most of the sites I've built, but I
suspect that's almost entirely the combination of other meta tags,
content, and extensive high-value linking.

googling 'geo position placename region' brings up a boatload of
linkage. maybe in my spare time . . .