[thelist] Can I develop .NET 1.1 with VS '05?

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 10:22:34 CST 2006

On 3/21/06, EasyListBox.com Peter Brunone <peter at easylistbox.com> wrote:

> Short answer:  no.  I would not depend on VS 2005 to build anything compliant with prior versions of the framework.

Do you hear that huge sigh of relief? That's me feeling 1000% better
about my situation.

> Of course I have a million questions, like "why can't they load balance Classic ASP",

I'm sure that will come up.

> "why redevelop an entire site for a different platform when the client still hasn't told you which one they will support", etc...

We needed to get it done, and we knew classic ASP would work on their
IIS server.

This whole project has been a disaster. As I said, this is the second
time we've built it. Yesterday, we also found out that OIT does not
allow uploads of files over HTTP, which completely wrecks everything.
We can take that stuff out, but it's kind of sillly to have a CMS
where you have to FTP your images and other files to the site.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications