[thelist] need help diagnosing problem uploading file to website

kasimir-k evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Fri Mar 24 01:04:07 CST 2006

Sarah Adams scribeva in 23/03/2006 21:05:
> - the user is using Internet Explorer 6

Could she try with another browser?

> - only this one person and two people in her "team" have ever reported
> this problem, other people in the same office have no problems

This rings a bell... I can't quite remember, but I think I once had a
similar problem, and it was caused by malfunctioning switch or router.

> - this user is sometimes able to upload documents no problem, she says
> it's about a third of the time that she has this problem

Any pattern to this? In the mornings or afternoons? If an upload fails,
how soon will she be able to upload successfully: immediately with
another file, later the same day or only the next day?

> - the problem happens when trying to upload various file types,
> including Word, PDF, and PowerPoint, with reasonable file sizes, the
> most recent being about 3 megs

Are there any file types that *never* fail? Or can it happen with any files?

.k