[thelist] Close to Real Time Replication Between SQL Server 2000 to 2005

Rob Smith rob.smith at lexjet.com
Wed Mar 29 08:21:28 CST 2006

Hey y'all,

I've got an SQL 2000 box that's taxed pretty heavily (POS, SOP,
Warehouses, and Replication). Now, I've also got a SQL Server 2005 box
fully loaded Lamborghini ready to rock for SRS only. Since I need the
data form the 2000 box as close to real time as possible, what's the
best way you'd recommend getting the data over to the 2005 with minimal
taxation on the 2000 box? I could set up a DTS task to run at intervals,
but that tie up both servers a lot all the time. We do have a copy of
SCRIBE that I'm learning that might be an answer.

Rob Smith
LexJet
rob.smith at lexjet.com
http://www.lexjet.com