[thelist] Close to Real Time Replication Between SQL Server 2000 to2005

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Wed Mar 29 16:34:12 CST 2006

Depends if you want to do it the easy way (e.g. in-built Replication,
LogShipping), or you want to do it the hard way with Windows Task Scheduler,
ASP pages, and ...

Out of the three replication mechanisms that SQL Server 2000 supports,
Transactional Replication is closest to what you want. Log Shipping is
another option for near-time synchronization (if the target server is only
required to be read-only). If you need two-way synchronization, then you need
to use Merge Replication.

Cheers
Ken