[thelist] PHP Session ID stopping HTML validation

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Mar 31 02:49:09 CST 2006

Hi ppl

I'm trying to create a valid HTML 4.01 Strict web page and the W3C
Validator seems to require me to put a containing element around the
<form><p><input.. >

The problem is PHP wants to put its sessionId between the form and the
input: <form method='post' action='myP.php4'><input type="hidden"
name="PHPSESSID" value="386bfe3c6ad31ed768ea88c0f3a809e7" /><p><input
type='hidden' name='subc' value='1'> ..

What's the solution to that?

Cheers

PS. I also posted this to the PHP mailing list, but it's not appeared
and my messages never seem to get through so I've posted it here with
apologies to any members of both in the event that my PHP list posting
actually appears.