[thelist] Script for M$IE only, or not

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Mon Apr 3 13:27:44 CDT 2006

A: Top-posters who don't trim mailing list footers and .sigs.
Q: What's the 2nd most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of the discussion.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

On 06/04/03 12:15 James Conley apparently typed:

> From: Felix Miata

> Comments welcome, particularly if you have ideas about who you think the
> target audience for the page is. What actually triggered my idea for it
> in the first place is the core of
> http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/css/colstyle.css which as yet I use only on 4
> pages.

> While I understand the reasoning for your message a pop-up box worded as
> such is less than friendly.

Which was the reason for the above, looking for impressions/discussion
about the language.

> Perhaps some header text would be more
> appropriate.

You mean something non-M$IE users could easily see with styles turned off or
unsupported in their UA?

> Another thought - what if a user is using Firefox but is
> planning on implementing something that needs to be IE friendly.

How might that matter? That alert is not intended to be used site-wide.
--
"Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but
rather expose them."			Ephesians 5:11 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/auth/auth