[thelist] client to post video

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Mon Apr 3 18:57:30 CDT 2006

Richard Bennett wrote:
> That's the difference between proprietary and open. the first has to push
> their product exclusively whether or not it is the best solution, and the
> second can use the best selection of tools for the job, and empower the user
> to use what they prefer.

As before, "??".

Maybe this thing I wrote three years ago can help:
"Is 'Open' and 'Shut' really open-and-shut?"
http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/jd_forum/jd026.html

My theme: Using "But it's *proprietary*!" as a reasoning to cut off some
of your choices may be doing yourself a disservice. Use what works for
the job... no need to get all religious about it.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd