[thelist] AJAX Tip

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Wed Apr 5 13:42:38 CDT 2006

Christian Heilmann wrote:
> Steady on! Lightbox is a very cool script, no doubt, but it has
> nothing to do with AJAX, let's not confuse matters.
> AJAX means using XMLHTTPRequest to talk to the server, all lightbox
> does is load an image.

I think you're both right.

Sometimes I use "AJaX", or "literal Ajax" to refer to JavaScript apps
which refresh text via XmlHttpRequest, while using "Ajax" or "literary
Ajax" to refer to the whole marketing movement around the term.

People mean both things by this term these days.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd