[thelist] AJAX Tip

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 08:15:50 CDT 2006

On 4/6/06, Lee kowalkowski <lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Moving the coupling between presentation and behaviour to your JavaScript is
> no easier to maintain (or harder).  The benefits are generally academic.
> *Except* for generic scripts that are designed for easy reuse, but most
> scripts depend on some form of hook into the markup.

I've heard this argument before. Rewind three years, and replace
"JavaScript" with "CSS".

There is no "hook" in the markup. There are identifiers and class
names and DOM structure, but these things have no more to do with JS
than they do for CSS. If we accept that inline CSS is a Bad Thing(tm),
I don't see why it's such a leap to accept the same for inline JS.

Thanks,

--
Matt Warden
Miami University