[thelist] not mixing markup and whatever (was RE: AJAX Tip)

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Thu Apr 6 11:34:15 CDT 2006

> onclick is a way of defining a behavior in response to an event, just
> like defining myFunc() is defining behavior in response to that
> function call.

fascinating thread, guys

matt, or whoever, can you help me out with this part and the associated
bits? is it being said that js like 'onclick' shouldn't live in the
html, but be external? I'm trying to get my head around how far we can
take the separation. Keeping CSS external makes perfect sense to me, as
do most js functions. but there are some javascript things that I'd be
totally flummoxed about making external in the same manner.

any pointers to resources that'd help? Christian, does your DHTML/DOM
article which I've bookmarked but not read cover this?

thanks again for a very educational conversation

joel