[thelist] tough: sql solution for finding available days for anappointment

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 15:02:40 CDT 2006

Tab,

On 4/11/06, Tab Alleman <talleman at lumpsum.com> wrote:
> Seems like you're saying two different things about your objective:
>
> "I am determining whether an appt is available on this day..." (return true or false)
>
> and
>
> "select dates if it doesn't exist in the set of dates in the next two months..." (return a date range).

Yes, I want the set of dates (2nd of the above) where the 1st
condition above is true.

Ok, looks like the concensus is to use a table with the date set in
it. The problem as I have stated it is actually a very simplified
version, but I think I can get this idea to work. I'm just a little
worried about performance.

Thanks,

--
Matt Warden