[thelist] Misbehaving Footer in Netscape and Firefox

Asif Suria asifsuria at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 13 14:36:51 CDT 2006

I certainly could use the help of theList on this one.

We recently decided to redesign our website to
introduce a right navigation menu and ASP.NET
controls. After spending many hours trying to make
everything work on IE, FF and Netscape we are down to
one frustrating issue. The footer that contains the
copyright information shows up just fine in IE 6.0.029
but completely disappears in Netscape 7.2 and appears
a little odd in Firefox 1.5.0.1 (both on Windows XP
and Windows Server 2003).

The problem appears to have something to do with
nested DIVs or floating DIVs. We have tried a lot of
things including the repositioning of DIVs but have
been unable to resolve this issue.

Some of the pages that have the problems are
http://www.sinletter.com/
http://www.sinletter.com/archives.aspx

The pages where the footer shows up just fine are
http://www.sinletter.com/ablog.aspx
http://www.sinletter.com/portfolio.aspx

The old design is at
http://www.sinletter.com/old/index.html

I would also appreciate any feedback from users who
use Safari or Opera.

Thanks in advance,
Asif