[thelist] vbscript: form values disappearing when I don't use 'name'

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Tue Apr 18 12:30:42 CDT 2006

I'm trying to get away from using both 'name' and 'id' for form fields.
but without 'name', the field values are blank/missing/something like
that.

with these fields in the form

  First <input type="text" id="FirstName" size="24" /><br />
  Last <input type="text" id="LastName" size="24" /><br />

this in the response page writes only the line breaks

  With Response
	.Write(strFirstName & "<br />")
	.Write(strLastName & "<br />")
  End With

but if I add 'name' or use *only* name instead of 'id', all is well.