[thelist] cross platform mysql

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Thu Apr 20 10:13:17 CDT 2006

we have a phone system box running some version of linux which writes
call records to mysql 4.1. I need a copy of the db to run historical
reports against. I requested a linux box, and the sysadmin wants to
install mysql on a windows box instead.

am I going to run into any problems dumping from 4.1 on linux to either
4.1 or 5 on windows? it's going to run middle of the night while there's
no load on either box or db.

I just need to know if I should push for what I want, or let sysadmin
have this one. minimal experience with mysql, zero experience with it on
a windows box.

thanks

spinhead