[thelist] Issues connecting PHPMyAdmin to MySQL

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 18:41:32 CDT 2006

I have a WAMP installation where I am having issues connection to
MySQL with PHPMyAdmin.

MySQL is version 4.1 and PHPMyAdmin is 2.7.0-pl1. Everytime I bring up
PHPMyAdmin, I get this message:

"phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server
rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and
password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the
information given by the administrator of the MySQL server."

"ERROR"

"#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)"

I have never seen this error before. And then, last week I was trying
to set up a stack on a Dell  laptop and ran into the exact same issue.
I have never had problems setting this up before. It's really been as
simple as unpacking/unzipping everything, configuring Apache and PHP
and then launch PHPMyAdmin.

Any thoughts?

--
Randal Rust