[thelist] Recommendations for good quality, professional web designers

Matt Harris mhspam at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 19:35:37 CDT 2006

Greetings,

I just want mention how much I enjoy skimming the list for interesting
thoughts & tidbits.  I'm so thankful that resources such as this are
available.

I am a Project Manager for a company that currently develops custom-made
CMS's for mid-sized Associations and Think Tanks.  Our clients in these
industries tend to have limited resources, so we currently work with a
design company from Romania who charges $2,000 - $3,000 for a normal web
design project.  This consists of 2 comps, unlimited revisions, html & css
build-out (IE, FF, Opera, Safari), and (with advance notice) we generally
receive the first comps 5 days from the sending the project profiler with a
1 (or 2) day turn-around on revisions.

We treat our designers well, pay promptly and have clear expectations;
however, since we are a web development company, we know good work and
expect quality, speed & reliability.

Unfortunately, as the size of our existing designer has risen, the quality
of their designs has fallen.  Consequently, we are looking to develop a few
relationships that can meet these (high) standards.

If your company has worked with a web design company who has met the
expectations above, please send me an email at mhspam at gmail.com with a short
recommendation, contact information (including url) for the designer, 2
links to sites that they have designed for you & your url.  It would also be
helpful to begin the subject with "Designer Request: ".

I am only looking for recommendations, so please no self-promotion this time
around (although, feel free to have a client e-mail me).

Best Regards,

Matt Harris