[thelist] PHP support for pg_cmdtuples()

Tony Grimes thelist at tonygrimes.com
Tue Apr 25 23:52:56 CDT 2006

Hi everybody,

I posted recently about PHP failing without error when it tries to DELETE or
UPDATE a row in PostgreSQL. I finally tracked it down to the pg_cmdtuples()
function. Whenever that function is called, the script just quits without
error as if it exited.

This problem appeared when my sys admin installed an H-Sphere update on the
server (which probably updated PHP and/or PostgreSQL). Both PEAR::DB and
phpBB are broken because of it. Is there a known issue with this function?
Why would PHP just quit when it's called? This function is not mentioned in
the function list on php.net. Is this a bug or did my sys admin pooch the
install?

The server is currently running PHP 4.4.2 and PostgreSQL 7.4.11. Any insight
into this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tony