[thelist] Tip: surfing the web on your phone

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Wed Apr 26 18:34:27 CDT 2006

John Dowdell wrote:

> Do you know what happens to any advertising you may have on your
> site, or whether any advertising is added to Google's transformations
> of your site?

Well, I just had a look at one of the sites I am responsible for, which
uses JavaScript to pull an advert from a partner site - the advert is
not there. It looks like all JavaScript is prevented from executing,
since the rollovers, Bookmark this page and Send to a friend javascript
links don't work either.

It may also dislike iframes - don't know of any offhand to test with and
am a little busy to do a trial just now.

Google do not presently add any of their own advertising, just a panel
of functional links at the end of the proxied content.

Have a look?

http://www.google.com/xhtml

Cheers

Ian

--
zStudio - Web development and accessibility
- http://zStudio.co.uk