[thelist] Dreamweaver 8 Memory Error

Jono jono at charlestonwebsolutions.com
Sun Apr 30 21:43:13 CDT 2006

> The instruction at "0x5ad71531" referenced memory at "0x0000000014".
> The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.

I see that error all day long on a Dell I have to use at my full-time job.
I never see any of these errors on my Mac at home, but just about every
application that I use on a regular basis at work produces that error a few
times a week.

I think its just Window's terrible inability to properly handle RAM... I
have 2GB and it's not enough to keep apps running without useless error
messages like the one your described.

Often times, I will take a screenshot and then research the error message on
MSN, or Yahoo, or Google.

I'm no Windows Pro, but messages like that tend to appear (for me) when
Windows fails to feed the in-use application with the required amount of
RAM.  If you have multiple applications open, that may be the culprit
too...if you are using a Mac (are you?) then you must have very little RAM.

Either way, get more RAM if possible.

--
Jono Young
Designer | Developer | Illustrator