[thelist] RSS for Events Calendars?

Tony Grimes thelist at tonygrimes.com
Wed May 3 03:35:03 CDT 2006

Hi everybody,

Does anyone know if there is an RSS-type standard for events calendars? I've
got a client interested in creating a shared events calendar with
like-minded organizations. The basic idea is I would build an aggregator
that would periodically check feeds published by other organizations for
inclusion in our website Events Calendar.

I have a feeling RSS has to be flexible enough to support this, but I don't
know which version to use. I've looked at some implementations such as
calendarhub.com (which uses 2.0) but they seem fairly limited. I'm looking
for something that could support the following:

- title
- short description
- date of event
- time of event
- location of event (including city, country, etc)
- link to summary
- link to registration

Is this something RSS can do? If so, what version should I use? If not,
what's the best version to expand upon?

Thanks in advance,
Tony