[thelist] non-Roman characters in URIs [was: [TIP] - Use UTF-8 whenever possible]

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Mon May 15 02:51:01 CDT 2006

Micro$oft has an interesting tool at
> http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/keyboards.mspx

It writes
*
"This section requires Internet Explorer.*"

Why does M$ is so lazy to write browser-independent code and mandates
internet exploder to demonstrate a DHTML-ish keyboard layout?

I just cannot understand people insisting on monopolizing the web.

Anyway, having looked at the Greek layout I too wonder, how our neighbour
country (and other similar countries for that matter) types URLs using a
native-greek keyboard. The Turkish keyboard is similar to Latin ones, so it
is not hard to type web addresses in. But, as far as I see, Greek keyboard
layout is entirely different.

Cheers,
--
Volkan Ozcelik