[thelist] official list of countries (that people live in)

Sarah Adams mrsanders at designshift.com
Fri May 19 07:49:51 CDT 2006

> A country being inhabited only by penguins doesn't make it any less of a
> country... And you wouldn't want to exclude the business of your
> Antarctican customers (okey, penguins might not be your most profitable
> clientele, but e.g. persons on a research station might well want to buy
> stuff from your web shop).

It took some research, but I figured out that "Heard Island and McDonald
Islands" is the country in the list I was referring to - it is
uninhabited [0] but is home to many birds, including penguins :) But
further research tells me that lots of sites are using the ISO 3166-1
list anyway, so I think that's what I'll do.

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heard_Island_and_McDonald_Islands

--
sarah adams
web developer & programmer