[thelist] one robots meta element for a testing site

Clive R Sweeney clive at designshift.com
Tue May 23 14:48:18 CDT 2006

I have a domain that will be used strictly for online testing of sites
under development -- sometimes individual pages, but potentially whole
sites. I will be using this domain for more than one site at any given
time, each site within its own folder. Of course, I do not want *any* of
the pages posted to this domain to be indexed by search engines. If I
place the appropriate robots meta element -- <meta name="robots"
content="noindex, nofollow"> -- on the index page of the top level of
the site, will it cover the content of all folders and pages within the
site?

::. clive

Clive Sweeney
Durham, North Carolina