[thelist] advisability of links to the current page (WAS: <h1> + images + search engines penalties)

Sarah Adams mrsanders at designshift.com
Thu May 25 10:10:20 CDT 2006

> I didnt say to remove the text - just to remove the 'self referential'
> link - which is what I thought this discussion was about? Sorry if i'm
> off-target.

Sorry, my mistake, I assumed when you said "remove the link" you meant
the text as well.

<tip type="diagnosing problems with your work">
If you get a report of a problem with a site you're working on, make
sure to use the same browser as the user who reported the problem (if
possible) when you try to replicate it or you may not be seeing the same
thing they are seeing. Same goes for other variables, such as whether
the user is logged in or not, if they have javascript disabled, etc, etc.

This is one of those "it should be obvious, but sometimes we get used to
doing things a certain way and just forget" types of tips :) (I don't
know how many times I've thought to myself, "hey, maybe I should be
checking this out in IE...")
</tip>

--
sarah adams