[thelist] PHP file association

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Tue May 30 10:56:44 CDT 2006

I've had PHP installed on my machine for a while, and PHP pages within
Web site have always opened properly within my browser... until I
installed Dreamweaver 8.  Even though I unselected all file
associations during installation, something got screwed up: when I
visit a PHP page, both Firefox and IE prompt me to either download the
file or open it in PHPEdit (which I've also had installed for some
time without this issue).  So I assume Dreamweaver selected PHP as an
association during installation by default, then triggered the
existing association with PHPEdit somehow to override opening PHP
files in my browsers.  I checked my Firefox associations, but PHP is
not listed (and you can only view and edit, and not create,
associations in Firefox options).

It's probably a system reg setting, but I'd rather not hose my
settings without knowing the proper values.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,
~John