[thelist] remedial help with mysqldump and mysqlimport

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Wed May 31 10:56:04 CDT 2006

Joel Canfield noted:

>>two databases, cdrdb and cdrtest (v4.1 on Win XP)
>>identical layout, different data (overlapping, but cdrdb is older,
cdrtest is newer)

>>dumped table 'session' from cdrtest, 94K records cdrdb has 70K records
moved dumped
>>file to cdrdb directory mysqlimport reports 94K lines replaced cdrdb
still only has
>>70K records; nothing seems to have happened.

Hi Joel,

Two guesses:

I know you said "identical layout", but if the importing db has an
unsigned
'smallint' field defined, that could cut you off around 65,535 records
(roughly 70k).

If the field structures are identical and the indexing or constraints
differ, that
may also account for differences.

(Sorry, don't know anything about 'walking out of configured working
space' so can't
suggest any lines of inquiry in that area.)

HTH,

RonL.