[thelist] Call a php script on another server?

Travis Brunn rabbit_fufu at hotmail.com
Wed May 31 17:13:16 CDT 2006

Thanks for the quick response!

> http://us3.php.net/include/ > Example 16-7. include() through HTTP > That's one way - cheating and making it look like inline code.

Neat.  Something like that might work.  One question more, if I may...

Is there anything particularly bad about doing something like this...

<?phpecho "here is output from a remote secret script: ";readfile (http://www.myremoteserver.com/outputstuff.php?pw=secret);?>

...and passing a password in the querystring as a safeguard?  (So that if the script was executed without the password it wouldn't output any content?)

Cheers