[thelist] centre a div in a browser window

Birdie bird at koolfish.com
Sat Jun 3 00:57:16 CDT 2006

  _____

From: Lisa Frost [mailto:lisa at koolfish.com]
Sent: 03 June 2006 13:56
To: List (thelist at lists.evolt.org)
Subject: centre a div in a browser window

Hi All,

I am trying to move away from tables and getting stuck at some pretty easy
first hurdles.

When I used to use tables I could give the outside table the property centre
to make it position its self in the centre of a persons open browser window.
And then all other content would then be contained in the table and would
all stay centre.

How do I do that with a div tag? And even if I did do that, say I need one
big border round the whole page, how do I make the other div tags stay
within the containing div tag with the border applied ?

Does that make sense ?

TIA

Lisa