[thelist] centre a div in a browser window

Birdie bird at koolfish.com
Sun Jun 4 19:41:01 CDT 2006

Erik wrote:
> And even if I did do that, say I need one
> big border round the whole page, how do I make the other div tags stay
> within the containing div tag with the border applied ?
>
> Does that make sense ?

Not sure I understand ... are you using css positioning
(position:fixed)?

I am using position: absolute.

I have a menu on the left hand side that has something like 5 layers to show
and hide submenus. They are stacked on top of each other.
You can see the page here:
http://www.koolfish.com/code/template_sidemenu.html

I need to put this menu into a layout that needs to be centered in the
browser window and the layout needs a thin border around the edge.
Like you would get with this site : http://www.qscthailand.com/ but this
site is constructed using tables.

I need to have a container div I presume to keep all the other divs inside .

Thanks

Lisa