[thelist] site spec documentation/templates?

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 14:02:28 CDT 2006

I'm helping someone with a site, and they'd like to make significant
improvements to the current look and functionality.  I've got some
ideas on what needs to be done, and I'd like to present those ideas in
a somewhat professional manner, one that would facilitate moving
forward with any approved ideas.  But whenever I ask precisely what
they mean by a "spec," the responses have been, at best, nebulous.
I'm fairly sure that they'll find almost anything I give them to be
acceptable, but I'd like to follow a standard or template if one
exists, both to aid in filling in any gaps in my thought process and
to ensure consistency with any well-known resources for producing such
documents.  The only ones I've found are pure software specs, which do
supply some good ideas but are not always completely confluent nor
applicable.

Thanks for any ideas you may have.

~John