[thelist] PHP server on FreeBSD

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 08:27:18 CDT 2006

Hi Jules,

Rickards, Julian (NDM) <julian.rickards at ndm.gov.on.ca> wrote:

>I presume a page with phpinfo() fails too?
Yup: any page containing PHP code fails. Yet I can run PHP commands.
So it must be an issue with the PHP web module.

>We talked last night about moving a particular file from one of the php
>directories to one of the apache directories: did you do that?
Yes sir: I copied this file:
/usr/local/etc/php.ini
...to here:
/usr/local/etc/apache2/

I apologize for not including that in my blog account of the
procedure, but I'm not sure what it does (if anything).

I spent hours last night (and this morning) trying to figure this out,
and I'm still not there.  It seems that the only thing I've done wrong
was to upgrade my server, and to assume that PHP would continue
working.  I also assumed that the relevant notes in FreeBSD's infamous
/usr/ports/UPDATING would be enough to get it going again, but it
doesn't seem so.  I have a feeling I'm missing something very simple:
something in addition that would properly get the necessary PHP
modules registered with Apache.

Maybe recompiling Apache might help?  I haven't seen any reference to that yet.

~John