[thelist] PHP server on FreeBSD

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 07:06:26 CDT 2006

Just to update anyone interested (especially anyone running FreeBSD),
and to bring this saga to a close: the PHP5 port in FBSD 6.1 is broken
and no longer activates the php/apache module. There are also problems
currently with the FBSD port of Apache 2.2.

After deinstalling apache22, reinstalling apache13, de/reinstalling
PHP5, and adding the
"old" manual updates to httpd.conf, my server is back up and running,
and PHP files are being served properly. A fitting conclusion to 1.5
days of self-induced stress... that's what I get for trying to
upgrade.

Thanks to Jules for helping me out.

~John