[thelist] What's a good newbie CSS List?

Debbie Pomerance debbie.pomerance at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 09:13:51 CDT 2006

Let me explain a bit further -

I am not a total newbie at CSS - I use it but I need help in why what I am
doing doesn't work - or is this the parent element or that - or does a
.center
work this way or that way - or why when I put a:link into a #footer id it
doesn't work
like I thought it would.  Some of my questions are very basic.  I have books
on CSS and I am furiously looking stuff up - but sometimes you just need to
ask someone because one is missing a basic point - a 'duih' moment!  Also
when one first starts it's hard to keep all the balls not in the air, but
keep all the rules in your head at the same time.

I am trying to write lean HTML with as much of the styling as possible being
put into the CSS; writing CSS so it takes advantage of the cascade; writing
CSS/HTML so that they are backwardly compatible with older browsers; and
look OK with no CSS.

I just subscribed to css-discuss and I must admit it is a bit intimidating.
After reading their posting policy I immediately went to the archives to do
some searches and I cannot find a way to search across months.  Doesn't seem
to be a way; however, they certainly recommend searching before posting (as
well they should!).  I can see lurking on this list to pick up pointers -
but not to post at least for now.

Deb P.

--

Debbie Pomerance