[thelist] Default Doc type

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Fri Jun 9 11:10:14 CDT 2006

On 06/06/09 11:38 (GMT-0400) Birdie apparently typed:

> Thanks, I understand about 'should' :)
> So if most of my pages are HTML is it better to use HTML 4 or xhtml 1 ? I am
> not really using XML at the moment.

I find HTML 4 is easier to work with. Until all traces of IE6 are
removed from the planet, the only advantage of XHTML is support for the
very distant future. For IE to properly handle it, XHTML must be served
as HTML. Browser support for HTML 4 will probably be with us for decades
if not centuries.

See also: http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=DocType
--
"All have sinned & fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409