[thelist] qunu (ask questions, get answers)

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 12:54:52 CDT 2006

> Pretty sweet, however it does seem a bit like "IRC with rounded corners"
> :-)
>
> Maybe not as full of trolls and spam and warkids yet.

Well the success (or failure) of it depends purely upon creating a valuable
community around it.
Besides IRC does not have search functionality, tagging, meta information
(which may be thought as the "rounded corners") :)
It's a community and as in any community, of course, there will be providers
as well as free-riders, leechers, spoofers, spammers etc.

 Actually I am both interested in the community value and the business value
of it (how would they make money out of it).

As I said it is in an early alpha stage, we can only wait and see whether it
will collect adequate innovators to jump through the chasm between innovator
and early adopter stage; or the opposite happens and fails completely
leaving a ghost city with trolls and lurkers wandering.

(note: the notion of chasm in Viral Marketing is coined by Seth Godin, 2001)

Cheers,
--
Volkan Ozcelik
+>Yep! I'm blogging! : http://www.volkanozcelik.com/cre8/blog/