[thelist] cursor not changing on flash banner

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 09:48:09 CDT 2006

On 6/12/06, Birdie <bird at koolfish.com> wrote:
> Hi all ... again, been posting a lot of newbie type questions lately, hope
> you don't mind.
>

> I had to make a flash banner for a client (of which I am not that good at)
> anyhow, its working fine for me on windows, IE, netscape, firefox and a bit
> of a glitch on safari on MAC, but the main problem is that the mouse over
> behaviour does not seem to be working at all when someone else embedded it
> in their website.

It looks like they have used an <a> tag around the flash banner, this
would cause the problem.

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.jakeneedham.com">

          <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0"
width="500" height="72">
  <param name="movie" value="jnflash06.swf">
  <param name="quality" value="high">
  <embed src="jnflash06.swf" quality="high"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="500" height="72"></embed>
</object>
          </a>

Ben