[thelist] ASP & Flash (Help)

Jason Ogle jason.ogle at atomiccurve.com
Thu Jun 15 14:21:38 CDT 2006

Hello,

I'm having a heck of a time getting this to work. I'm trying to send an
email through flash using CDO. I'm getting an "internal server error".

I'm testing this at:
http://ncawrites.com/FlashForm/TM_Microsite_FINAL.html

Could somebody shed some light on this? Here's my code:

<%
'This part sets up the variables for the actual mail piece.
dim mailServer = "127.0.0.1"
dim mailFrom = "jason.ogle at atomiccurve.com"
dim mailTo = "jason.ogle at atomiccurve.com"

' Now lets build the message (example fields from form)
dim mailMessage = "This is the body of the email <br>"
mailMessage = mailMessage & "FirstName: " &
server.htmlencode(request.form("FirstName")) & "<br>"
mailMessage = mailMessage & "ToName: " &
server.htmlencode(request.form("ToName")) & "<br>"
mailMessage = mailMessage & "ToEmail: " &
server.htmlencode(request.form("ToEmail")) & "<br>"

' Set the mail object using CDOSYS
Set myMail=CreateObject("CDO.Message")
myMail.Subject="Sending mail"
myMail.From=mailFrom
myMail.To=mailTo
myMail.HTMLBody=mailMessage
myMail.Configuration.Fields.Item
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing")=2
myMail.Configuration.Fields.Item
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") =mailServer
myMail.Configuration.Fields.Item
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") =25
myMail.Configuration.Fields.Update
myMail.Send
set myMail=nothing

if myMail.SendMail then
    Response.Write "_root.Mail.EmailStatus=Complete - Your mail has been
sent"
    else
    Response.Write "_root.Mail.EmailStatus=Failure - Your mail was not sent
- errors"
    Response.Write myMail.Response
end if
%>

Also, would you be so kind and gentle as to send a copy of your response
directly to my email as I am on digest.

Thank you!

    : jason a. ogle
    : graphic artist