[thelist] Debugging Mode vs. Live Mode

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Fri Jun 16 11:11:07 CDT 2006

OK...

On the tool bar you should see a drop down near the middle. For me it says Degub  or Configuration Manager. Make sure it says Debug. Then click the big green arrow to the left of that.

That should "compile" the app and run it via the local IIS Service. From there you can add break points, Object inspectors and the like. I don't use that process very much, but people here in the office swear by it. (I just swear at it. ;-)

I'm assuming you are working in the "web site" template or at least within a "solution" so VS 2005 thinks of what you are doing as a contained whole or project.