[thelist] question about site titles

Stuart Young drstuey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 06:19:59 CDT 2006

On 18/06/06, Kimberley Rivero <kimberley.rivero at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jakob Nielsen's says that the site name should be first in the title
> http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20020512.html

Yes he does, but only for the home page. I think we're talking about
non-home pages here. Mr Nielsen definately also says that titles of
non-homepages should start with the page name and end with the site name
(and the windows taskbar issue mentioned above is his main justification).

In SEO, (a) the first words in the title are prioritised (so your keywords
should come first not your generic site name) and (b) unique content is
prioritised (so by having all your pages start the same you are making each
page less different from the others).

cheers

--
This is the gmail account of Stuart Young
Pt Chev, Auckland, Aotearoa New Zealand