[thelist] Dev on 2003 - Prod on 2000

Casey Crookston caseyc at IntelliSoftmn.com
Tue Jun 20 10:42:27 CDT 2006

I've got a client who insists on hosting their asp.net (vb.net) site on
their internal 2000 server.  I've been developing on our 2003 server
where everything is working fine.  Now, when I migrate everything to the
client's internal 2000 server, I receive the following error when trying
to access the "/maintenance" directory which is secured with forms
authentication.   I've check and double checked that all files and
.dll's were transferred.  The only variable seems to be the server.

Short of telling the customer that he really aught to host on our
servers, how do I trouble shoot this?

Thanks,

Casey

Server Error in '/maintenance' Application.

  _____

Parser Error

to service this request. Please review the following specific parse
error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'JWFord.login'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
Codebehind="login.aspx.vb" Inherits="JWFord.login" %>
Line 2:  <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
Line 3:  <HTML>

Source File: C:\Data\web\maintenance\login.aspx    Line: 1

  _____

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300;
ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300