[thelist] arguments pro css & xhtml / con tables

Stuart Young drstuey at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 23:54:12 CDT 2006

On 20/06/06, Christian Heilmann <codepo8 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Then again have you taken a look at:
>
> * http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/grids/
> * http://blog.html.it/layoutgala/

No I hadn't before. Thanks for that, but they seem to be simple column
layouts, like all the other CSS layout sites. I know how to do column
layouts in CSS already thanks, and I use them when I can, but often I get
given a layout to do that is not a simple column layout, or is a column
layout that requires a background colour to go all the way to the bottom of
the content and needs a graphic to line up with the bottom of the content or
something like that, and that's when I return to tables.

oh and BTW, my table layout pages validate to HTML strict. And I do
everything else with CSS - it is just layout that I often do with CSS.

One day I'll think of a tip.

cheers

--
This is the gmail account of Stuart Young
Pt Chev, Auckland, Aotearoa New Zealand