[thelist] IE and redirect to SSL

Lee kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 22 08:12:24 CDT 2006

On 22/06/06, Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrote:
> I have a site that when you click the "login" link will do a http
> redirect to the SSL version of the site.  I'm using correct URLs in
> my redirect and the fetched https page has all style sheets,
> javascript and images uisng full, absolute URLs.

Are your full, absolute urls dynamically changing between
http://bumby:82 and https://bumby:1443 then?  Are you also redirecting
the requests for the images and CSS?

> And then IE displays the page without any styling or images.
>
> If I hit the reload button on IE then the page loads correctly (and
> the web server logs look normal).

I guess the 302 is confusing IE.  Can't the login link go directly to https?

What is your IE security setting for "display mixed content"?

Actually, I seem to remember a bug where when rendering links in a
redirected response the request contained the original port numbers.
This would explain why you're not experiencing this when using the
default port numbers, because they would be omitted when using the
default ports.

View the source of the "unstyled" page and the refreshed one, and
compare the URLs, paying particular attention to the port numbers and
uri schemes.

--
LK