[thelist] Anti-copying tools (was Site copied by robbers)

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Fri Jun 23 00:32:49 CDT 2006

Shawn K. Quinn wrote:

> And a sidenote: I realize copyright infringement is a serious problem,
> but the use of the word "piracy" to describe the act or "pirates" to
> describe the people is grossly inaccurate

really?

I apologise.  I was using the first definition of pirate:

http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=pirate
WordNet Search - 2.1

It seemed to be a fairly common one in use by many people and often
referred to in software circles - e.g. pirate copy, pirated DVD etc.

However I shall become more politically correct and refer to the
thieves that stole my code and claimed it for their own as "robbing
b*stards".

That okay?

;o)

--