[thelist] IE and redirect to SSL

Lee kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 28 17:08:57 CDT 2006

On 26/06/06, Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 09:49:53AM +0100, Lee kowalkowski wrote:
> You clicked on the "login" link after going to the home page?

Nope, turns out I didn't need to anyway, I've just tried it on IE6
Win2K (No World Cup matches tonight), and look what I can see in the
page source: https://infopeople.org:82/css/common.css.

Exactly what I suspected!  After hitting refresh:
https://infopeople.org:1443/css/common.css, of course, hitting refresh
issues a fresh request which because the location in the browser is
now HTTPS & port 1443, everything "sorts itself out".

Definitely an issue with IE/Win2K, redirection, non-standard port
numbers, and writing absolute URLs programmatic - all at the same
time!

I'd recommend the use of URLs relative to the domain root anyway, much
simpler i.e. /css/common.css.

--
LK