[thelist] PHP4 objects and a short introduction

Jon Molesa rjmolesa at consoltec.net
Fri Jun 30 22:30:57 CDT 2006

Good day all on the list.  This is my first post and I've enjoyed the
topics I've seen discussed so far.  I love the browser archive BTW.

Are PHP4 objects created each time a page loads.  Assume the code
below runs unconditionally with no post/get vars each time a page loads:

<?

$myObject = new object();

?>

Would that create the object $myObject each time or does PHP4 realize that
it has been created previously and just references it?  If it does create
the object each time is that the correct way to use objects?  Seems that
once it has been created my code should just be able to make use of it.
Similar in nature to session_start() recognizing that a session has
already been created.  Could someone please clear this up for me?  Thank
you and God bless.

I've searched a little for this, but can't seem to find an answer one way
or the other.  None of my books seem to mention it either.

Jon Molesa
rjmolesa at consoltec.net