[thelist] XMLhttp request -> Post

Brian Cummiskey briancummiskey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 16:11:41 CDT 2006

There are ton's of examples online for using a GET or a POST with
normal form data, but I cannot find any examples for POST of an xml
file.  I'm trying to hook up to a validation service.  Their API is to
send an xml file, but i'm not sure how to go about it using classic
ASP.

This is what I have so far, but nothing seems to happen....
<%
 Set objXmlHttp = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0")
  objXmlHttp.Open "POST", requestURL, False
  objXMLHttp.Send(strXml)

if (objXmlHttp.Status <> 200) then
      errorHasOccurred = True
      response.write "error"
Else
      response.write "no error"
end if
%>

Where strXml is a string that forms the xml document on the fly.
3.0 is installed on the server, so that isn't the issue either (other
apps use this with no problem)

I'm getting back "no error" so my header is coming back ok.

Any ideas on what I'm missing?  Thanks :)