[thelist] javascript for question

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 16:17:49 CDT 2006

> Were you being facetious? I can't tell.

Both yes, and no.

Yes (I was being facetious) because the situation in question requires focus
for simply decorative purposes.
So adding javascript is not practical (unless the client really wants that
focus effect in his MSIE)

No; because W3CAI proposes that if you are relying on pointer (mouseover,
mouseout) for some action
you have to provide non-pointer alternatives (onfocus and onblur) to make it
independent of the pointing device (i.e. the mouse).

Since IE requires javascript (or worse, custom behaviors and HTC components)
to simulate that focus effect;
and if your specs **somehow** require the input to change appearance
onmouseover and onmouseout then two lines of additional JS to make it (well
at least more) accessible will not hurt.

And finally I mistakenly thought the original question was about input:hover
pseudoclass but not input:focus.

Hope that explains all this mess.

Cheers,
--