[thelist] Apache configuration question

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 11:15:56 CDT 2006

On 7/10/06, Randal Rust <randalrust at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I change the KeepAliveTimeout setting on an Apache server, doesn't
> that setting apply to all applications running on any ports?
>
> I would expect that it would apply to whatever is running on port 80,
> and also to what may be running on 8080 or 8889.

Assuming that ports 8080 or 8889 are being forwarded to by
ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse (mod_proxy) --

Just looking at the Apache doc, KeepAliveTimeout is shown as
applying to the Apache core, context="server config" -- which would
imply to me that the value is consistently applied to the whole server.

That said, it doesn't seem logical to apply it to a *proxy*; a "connection"
is being made to the proxy target, not the proxying server, and that
proxy target may have a different keepalive value set, a recipe for some
interesting conflicts. :-)

FWIW!
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com