[thelist] Apache configuration question

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 11:40:31 CDT 2006

On 7/10/06, Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroeder at gmail.com> wrote:

> That said, it doesn't seem logical to apply it to a *proxy*; a "connection"
> is being made to the proxy target, not the proxying server, and that
> proxy target may have a different keepalive value set, a recipe for some
> interesting conflicts. :-)

Right, and that's exactly why they wanted us to change the timeout.
They wanted it higher on the webserver than it is on the reverse
proxy.

As I've looked into this further today, the setup is not exactly as I
thought. The application is running on port 8889, but it is the
application server that is listening on that port. Not Apache.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications